Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Franz Josef to Wanaka

Hi everyone,

I hope this works as for some reason the website has come up in Chinese writing but I have managed to find out what link to press so fingers crossed this will work!!

Well on Sunday 6th May I left the lovely town of Franz Josef to head to Wanaka. On the way we stopped at Lake Matheson which is a big famous mirror lake. Unfortunately for us the weather was not great and so we did not see any good reflections but the postcards and pictures you see in shops make it look amazing - think I will buy a postcard to show me this stop lol.

The weather started to clear up in the afternoon and we had amazing views of Lake Hawea and Lake Wanaka. In Wanaka we stayed in a lovely hotel which a lovely big log fire in the reception. Shona and I went for a short walk around Lake Wanaka which was lovely and we got back just in time before the rain came on. Some of the guys were going to sky dive but unfortunately the rain started just when they were to get picked up.

In the evening I went to the pub with Shona, Dave, James, Stan and the 2 Marks. It was such good fun and we had a number of competitions between the two Kiwi buses that were running that night.

The next morning the weather was a gorgeous clear day and I was quite gutted to be leaving Wanaka and not staying to enjoy it but I really wanted to party in Queenstown with the group I was out in Wanaka with.

On our way to Queenstown we stopped at Puzzling World. It was so much fun, they had a 3-D maze which we all attempted and had some illusion rooms which were great fun. Although one of them made you feel very ill as the floor was on a slope and had lots of funny things in it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home