Friday, June 01, 2007

Queenstown

Lets try and up-date this a bit saying as we are now in June and the last detailed entry was from May 7th!! Sorry everyone.

Well, after my bungy jump near Queenstown, we headed into town on the Kiwi Experience bus and went down to the lake to get a group photo taken of everyone on our bus. I'm afraid you will have to wait until I get home to see that photo as we had to purchase it and I have not got access to a scanner at the moment. But I do have this one of the lads: That evening we went out for a night out in Queenstown. Unfortunately I still not feeling great after my bungy and so ended up in bed by 11pm. It sounds like the others had a good night out though. Below is a photo of Stan, Fallon, Shona and Mark:
On the Tuesday I ended up canceling my Canyon Swing which I had booked as I really didn't fancy doing anything else similar to a bungy - getting the idea of how ill I felt yet!? Shona and I then went to try the famous Fergburger - the biggest burger I have ever eaten I think!! It was very tasty though. In the afternoon we met up with the boys and went up the gondola to have a shot on the luge. The views from the gondola were amazing, it was such a clear day and the luge rides were great fun.
On the Wednesday I had quite a quiet day sorting out emails, getting ready for leaving to do the bottom bus, wandering around town and just generally relaxing. In the evening I went to see the Rocky Horror Show at the theatre with Tonya and Emma, two girls I met coming down the west coast. It was a really fun night and a great way for the three of us to spend our last night in Queenstown and travelling together.

I really enjoyed my few days in Queenstown. The weather was fantastic and it was a lovely little city - a lot smaller than I expected though but very friendly. There are lots and lots more activities to do there, I was just too nervous after my bungy - okay, I will stop going on about it now lol.

xxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home