Saturday, June 23, 2007

Christchurch to Wellington

On Sunday 20th May I left Christchurch and repeated part of my trip from the beginning of my South Island adventure. Stacey, Emma and I were off to Kaikoura. Stacey and I stayed at Dusky Lodge again. Stacey went away Whale watching in the afternoon while Emma and I walked up to a lookout at the other end of town. We got some amazing views: I wasn't feeling too great that night so Emma came round to our hostel and we sat in the outdoor hot tub looking at the stars! We then had a lovely meal from the Thai restaurant at the hostel.

The next day we left Kaikoura and headed to Picton where we caught the ferry over to Wellington in the North Island. The ferry took about 3 hours, we sat inside and watched some rubbish TV - NZ TV isn't the best lol. We arrived into Wellington late afternoon and I will post what I did over the following 5 days in Wellington in the next post!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home