Sunday, June 10, 2007

Queenstown 2nd time!

Back in Queenstown and I met up with Stephanie Cameron who I met in Kaikoura back at the beginning of my New Zealand trip. It was great to catch up with her for the evening.

During my full day in Queenstown I went and booked my Fiji trip - 10 days of island hopping, can't wait. Sun, sun and more sun!! :) I then met up with Jake and Emma from the bottom bus and we went to the Fergburger Cafe for another of their burgers - yum yum. In the afternoon we had a quiet time and watched Shrek 2 - I forgot how funny it actually is lol. I then went back to the hostel and had a quiet time before we all had a night out!

I met up with Jake, Emma and Martin (a guy Jake and Emma met in their hostel) in The Buffalo Club. It was a lovely pub with a big open fire in the middle. We then headed down to the Minus 5 Bar where everything is made of ice. Before entering the bare we were given gloves and a warm jacket as it was -8.9degrees inside! The bar was really impressive. There were chairs and sculptures made from ice. It was a lot smaller than I expected and we were only allowed inside for half an hour. As the glasses were made from ice, as we left the bar we got to smash our glasses in a bucket - not many bars where you can do that! After the Minus 5 bar we then headed to a few other places and I headed back to the hostel about midnight as I had a bus to catch the next morning. It was a really good night. Thanks Jake and Emma.

Here are some photos from the Minus 5 bar. Martin, Me, Emma and Jake before we got kitted out with all our warm clothes: Emma with her head a lions mouth: The bar:Our drinks in glasses made from ice:
Martin, Jake, Emma and Me behind the bar: Me on an ice chair:
Emma: Emma and me beside an ice horse: Me with my head inside a lions mouth: The boys have an insane moment and decided to go topless!:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home