Saturday, June 23, 2007

Wellington

On my first night in Wellington, Emma, Phil and I went out for tea and then we had a quiet evening in the hostel.

On the Tuesday Emma and I went and tried out the shops in Wellington. Emma was a bad influence! In the Rip Curl shop the top that I have managed to walk past and not buy for the last few months in Oz was in the shop and yup I ended up buying it after Emma agreeing it is a lovely top! After lunch we went to the swimming pool and spent more time in the hot tub and the steam room than we did actually swimming! After swimming we treated ourselves to getting our hair cut. The hairdresser straightened my hair and I was shocked as to how long it was - I haven't straightened my hair for months!! We then went back to the hostel and watched some of the 2nd Lord of the Rings (LOTR) film. In the evening we went to see Disney's High School Musical which was being performed at the Opera House. It was so much fun, very cheesy but fun. I think we were the only adults without kids there lol.

On Wednesday I headed to the Te Papa Museum. It is a great museum and is free to get in so I spent 4 hours there and decided to come back later in the week to see the last floor. They have great displays on volcanoes, earthquakes, art etc. After the museum I went for a walk to see the Parliament and Beehive buildings: In the evening I watched the rest of the 2nd LOTR film.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home